Patrik Kittel meeting his fans at Gothenburg Horse Show and showing them back-stage. Interview in Swedish.
Ali Nilforushan riding Formidable at the Oaks in San Juan, California
At the international horse show in Gothenburg Sweden, host of the REEM ACRA World Cup qualification in this weekend, Flyinge’s Bo Jenå and Olof Axelsson is demonstrating “dressage by hand” with horses that are part of Flyinge’s Education programmes.
Bo Jenå also know as head of Swedens National Team in Dressage has re-introduced this classical practise of training horses into the formal education programmes of becoming a certified rider and trainer at Flyinge – Swedens National Equestrian Center.
It is a place of outstanding beauty, where historic buildings contrast with ultramodern architecture; it comes complete with chatter-ing storks on the roofs and magnificent horses in the stables. Flyinge runs several educational programs. At university level there is a course in cooperation with the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences. The course leads to a university diploma in equine science. There is a specially designed high school program in hippology/natural sciences at Polhemskolan in Lund. Every year 30 high school students are admitted to Flyinge, where they also have an opportunity to live in modern student accommo-dation. In 2006 a Qualified Vocational Course started at Flyinge, specializing in the training of young horses. There is also an edu-cational program for farriers.
In terms of training, the guiding principle at Flyinge is to combine the art of traditional riding and driving with modern science.
Today Flyinge’s CEO Marianne Lilja Wittbom is taking the tradi-tions to the future with a strong focus on heritage. Flyinge is host to clinics, seminars and courses in all Equestrian disciplines, at all levels and throughout the year. Experts from around the world are invited to share their knowledge and experience at many of these events. Some of these clinics feature the ”Flyinge model”, a system which is aimed at optimizing training and developing the potential in young horses. Training and matching young horses is Flyinges special focus.
You also havean opportunity to bring your own horse to Flyinge so that you can enhance your skills under Flyinge instructors. Flyinge offers five indoor arenas, a cross-country course, a race-track and outdoor rings, as well as riding and driving paths, and is very well equipped for all types of courses and events.
AT FLYINGE THEY EDUCATE PEOPLE & HORSES
- Flyinge is one of the world’s oldest active national studs, dating back to the 12th century. It is an equestrian center for breeding, research and training.
- The stud is situated about 15 kilometers from Lund in southern Sweden and was established as a royal stud by King Carl X Gustaf of Sweden in 1661.
- Since 1983 Flyinge AB has been owned by a trust and has a wide range of activities, including breeding of the Swedish Warm Blood, equestrian sports, veterinary medicine, training and various events.
We are proudly presenting our new member: FEI5* Judge Leif Törnblad. Now we can all know how to improve our scores! Book your clinic and have your Kür programme optimised here by Leif Törnblad.
As a proud sponsor of Knytkalaset we were invited to Tullstorp to see how the members are training at top level of dressage. Needless to say; very good riding from all Knytkalaset’s members! And very inspiring coaching and tips from Jan Brink and Kyra Kyrklund … In the end of the day we even were fortunate to have Kyra assist us a bit for our film shooting with Elin Aspnäs. Wow!
Click here to learn more about Knytkalaset
The training session with Knytkalaset at Tullstorp on Monday the 14th was an experience! Inspiring coaching and training by Kyra, great Knytkalas riders, fantastic horses and a big thank you to Catharina Brink for organising it all!
Time for a break with Catharina, the sweetest of kids and Kyra. In short. A nice day!
Sign up for our mailing list.
- Capo Knight Sold to Ludwig Wilken March 31, 2017
- A dream come true for Mai March 31, 2017
- CHIO Aachen DHL-PRIZE CROSS-COUNTRY COMPETITION will be live at 10:00 AM CET Saturday July 15, 2016
- DREAMSPORTS.TV IS MEDIA PARTNER OF THE WORLD EQUESTRIAN FESTIVAL, CHIO AACHEN 2016 July 11, 2016
- Cathrine Dufour ready for Aachen with Cassidy but also worried about competing before Rio … July 11, 2016